How to Protect Yourself From Coronavirus: Safety Tips and More
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
Source: Health Tips
What are the symptoms?
The COVID-19 is a respiratory disease and most infected people will develop mild to moderate symptoms and recover without requiring special treatment. People who have underlying medical conditions and those over 60 years old have a higher risk of developing severe disease and death.
Common symptoms include:
Other symptoms include:
Shortness of breath
Aches and pains
Very few people will report diarrhea, nausea or a runny nose.
People with fever, cough or difficulty breathing should call their doctor and seek medical attention.
Protection from Coronavirus:
- Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others if you must go out in public.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets, and countertops.
How to reduce risk?
Help Stop Coronavirus