Breakfast onboard makes 24 people fell ill

After taking Breakfast onboard on the Tejas Express, premium train between Mumbai and Goa, 24 people fell ill on Sunday due to food poisoning. “All the passengers are out of danger. The Railway Ministry has issued a show-cause notice for termination of contract to the caterer,” said an IRCTC spokesperson. An official of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) stated that, ” A case of food poisoning was reported from train no. 22120 Tejas Express upon information from passengers . The train was stopped out of course at the Chiplun railway station and treatment was given to passengers by a railway doctor”. Out of the 230 passengers, 117 were served vegetarian meal, while the remaining 113 passengers were served non-vegetarian meal. “Most of the hospitalised passengers had consumed omelette as part of their breakfast,” said an IRCTC official. The food samples have been sent for inspection. Tejas Express is India’s first semi-high-speed AC train to be launched between Karmali in Goa and Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Terminal in June this year.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *