Coronavirus India News Live Updates | Lockdown extended in containment zones till June 30; schools, restaurants to reopen from June 8
Total confirmed cases of Coronavirus in India have risen to 1.72 lakh. Follow this blog to track live updates..
- Lockdown 5.0 | Government extends lockdown in containment areas till June 30
- Lockdown 5.0 | Hotels, restaurants to reopen from June 8; health ministry to issue SOP soon
- Lockdown 5.0 limited to containment zones; Here are the three phases
The government has allowed reopening of hotels and restaurants from June 8 in the fifth phase of the coronavirus-enforced lockdown which will last till June 30, as per fresh orders by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
As per a circular issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs on May 30, hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services will be allowed with effect from June 8.
The total number of COVID-19 positive cases in Punjab is 2,233 including 222 active cases, 1,967 recovered/discharged and 44 deaths: State Health Department (ANI)
Bengal COVID-19 tally crosses 5,000-mark; death toll rises to 237
- The number of COVID-19 cases in West Bengal climbed to 5,130 on Saturday after 317 more people tested positive for coronavirus, the state health department bulletin said.
Seven fresh deaths due to the disease were also reported in the state, taking the toll to 237, it said. (PTI)
- Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra on Saturday mooted moving away from the term ‘lockdown’, saying it needs to have a defined tenure. A day ahead of the fourth phase of nationwide lockdown to end, Mahindra suggested ‘Unlock 1.0’ for the way forward.
Coronavirus in India LIVE Updates | JUST IN: Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 9 pm and 5 am throughout the country, except for essential activities: Ministry of Home Affairs
Coronavirus in India LIVE Updates | JUST IN: Lockdown in containment zones extended till June 30 whereas areas outside containment zones to be opened up in phased manner: Ministry of Home Affairs.